AC Ajaccio – Auxerre Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 09.04.2023
⚽ AC Ajaccio – Auxerre Predictions
AC Ajaccio – Auxerre Predictions and Tips and Odds for April 9, 14:00 LIGUE 1.
AC Ajaccio – Auxerre Preview
- “The scenario is a cruel one” said coach Olivier Pantaloni after Ajaccio’s last-gasp 2-1 loss at mid-table Clermont last weekend extended their losing streak in Ligue 1 to four games, leaving them five points adrift of safety ahead of the round. They now battle it out with another relegation candidate, Auxerre, in what has the feel of a relegation ‘six-pointer’ with both sides in desperate need of the points.
- A home game is unlikely to provide much comfort for the Acéistes, as they’ve picked up a minority of 47% of their Ligue 1 points at the François-Coty Stadium, making them one of just five Ligue 1 sides to have performed better on the road this term going into the round. However, they’ve shown their ability to handle expectations when facing fellow relegation contenders, emerging victorious in their three home league games against current bottom-five teams so far this season.
- Visiting Auxerre make the long trip to Corsica after an all-important 1-0 win against relegation-battling Troyes, a solid defensive showing that earned defender Jubal a place in the Round 29 all-star team. AJA now find themselves in the four-team relegation zone by virtue of goal difference alone, and coach Christophe Pélissier has made no attempts to hide his confidence post-match, stating that his team have “tremendous qualities”.
- Improving away performances could be the difference between relegation and safety for Auxerre come June, with only rock-bottom Angers registering fewer than their nine away points in Ligue 1 so far (W2, D3, L10). The omens look good for the Burgundy club on the H2H front however, squaring off against an Ajaccio side against whom they haven’t tasted defeat in the last seven league H2Hs (W4, D3).
- Players to watch: Back from international duties 48 hours late this week without notifying his club, the controversial but talented Youcef Belaïli has scored from the penalty spot in each of Ajaccio’s three home league wins so far. Meanwhile, Auxerre midfielder Hamza Sakhi has scored more goals against Ajaccio than any other club, netting four in eight meetings.
- Hot stat: Ajaccio are the only Ligue 1 side yet to score in the opening 30 minutes of a home game.
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 30
AC Ajaccio – Auxerre
Kick-off: April 9, 14:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE