AC Milan – Manchester Utd Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 17.03.2021
⚽ AC Milan – Manchester Utd Predictions
AC Milan – Manchester Utd Tips and Odds. March 18, 21:00 Europa League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals.
AC Milan – Manchester Utd Preview
- Everything is still to play for after AC Milan held Manchester United to a 1-1 draw in their UEFA Europa League (UEL) first leg. A goalless draw would therefore be enough for Milan to guarantee progression within 90 minutes, but the fact they‘ve registered just one clean sheet from their previous eight UEL proper home games is concerning.
- On the domestic front, the hosts have won just one of their previous five Serie A (SA) home outings (D1, L3), whilst scoring just once before the hour mark during that run. On a more positive note though, Milan have won ‘to nil’ in four of their five European home ties vs Man United – leading at both HT/FT in all four – albeit they lost the most recent back in February 2010.
- Man United have qualified from five (41.67%) of their previous 12 UEFA competition ties in which they drew at home in the first leg, and this rate climbs to 50% when the score was 1-1. That, coupled with their current 13-game unbeaten competitive run (W5, D8 – 90 minutes), will mean they are confident heading into this match, even if they led at HT in just one of their previous seven matches (HT: W1, D6).
- The ‘Red Devils’ are on an impressive run of 12 unbeaten competitive matches as the designated visiting side (W6, D6), although only one of those draws (2-2) would see them progress within 90 minutes here. However, they are unbeaten in their last five European away fixtures versus Italian opposition (W3, D2).
- Players to watch: Franck Kessié has scored his last eight competitive goals from the spot, including Milan’s previous two home goals. For the visitors, Bruno Fernandes has been involved in seven goals (five goals, two assists) across his eight UEL appearances with United.
- Hot stat: Milan have scored first within 15 minutes in three of the previous five European H2Hs held here.
|Head-to-head matches: AC MILAN – MANCHESTER UTD|
|11.03.21||EL||Manchester Utd||AC Milan||1 : 1|
|03.08.19||ICC||Manchester Utd||AC Milan||3 : 2 (2 : 2)|
|26.07.18||ICC||AC Milan||Manchester Utd||1 : 2 (1 : 1)|
|10.03.10||CL||Manchester Utd||AC Milan||4 : 0|
|16.02.10||CL||AC Milan||Manchester Utd||2 : 3|
EUROPE: Europa League – Play Offs – 1/8-finals
AC Milan – Manchester Utd
Kick-off: March 17, 21:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals