Angers – Nice Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 02.04.2023
⚽ Angers – Nice Predictions
Angers – Nice Predictions and Tips and Odds for April 2, 14:00 LIGUE 1.
Angers – Nice Preview
- After suffering their 22nd loss in 28 Ligue 1 rounds (W2, D4) against high-flying Lens (3-0) before the international break, Angers not only already have one foot in Ligue 2, but also now hold the record for the most defeats at this stage of a French top-flight campaign. This led to the resignation of club president Saïd Chabane this week, who stated in a press release that he wanted to “take a step back”, leaving his son Romain Chabane to fill the void.
- A ten-game winless run at home in the top-flight (D1, L9), in which Angers have failed to score just twice suggests their biggest concern lies at the back. Defender Miha Blažič’s injury suffered whilst on international duty with Slovenia last week will therefore be seen as a further handicap, although a 1-0 win in the reverse H2H back in September does prove that Angers have it in them to produce a shock result.
- This is proving to be a difficult period for visitors Nice, who come into this clash on the back of just one win from their previous five Ligue 1 matches (D4), bookended by three consecutive draws. Not too defeatist by his side’s run of stalemates, coach Didier Digard said he was “happy” with what he saw after their 1-1 home draw against Lorient last time out, despite the fact the Eaglets sit six points adrift of the top-five ahead of the round.
- Playing away from home likely won’t bother Digard’s men too much either as they’ve picked up 52% of their Ligue 1 points on their travels (W6, D5, L3), putting them in a minority of sides to have performed better on the road. Nice have travelled well to this venue of late too, avoiding defeat in six of their seven Ligue 1 visits to Stade Raymond-Kopa this century (W3, D3), leaving them well placed to maintain their record of never suffering a double of top-flight defeats against Angers.
- Players to watch: Angers’ Nabil Bentaleb has been his team’s first scorer in his three goalscoring Ligue 1 matches this term, including the reverse H2H. He could be upstaged early on by Terem Moffi, who has scored three goals before the half-hour mark in Nice’s previous two league road trips.
- Hot stat: Angers (52%) and Nice (56%) are two of three Ligue 1 sides that have conceded more goals before the break than after.
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 29
Angers – Nice
Kick-off: April 2, 14:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE