Angers – Paris SG Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 20.04.2022
⚽ Angers – Paris SG Predictions
Angers – Paris SG Tips and Odds for April 20, 20:00 FRANCE: LIGUE 1.
Angers – Paris SG Preview
- The season’s not yet over for Angers who sit five points above the drop zone ahead of this round with 18 points still to play for. After a run of three winless games (D2, L1) a victory would help diminish any relegation fears, yet they face runaway league leaders Paris Saint-Germain here, a side that would secure their tenth Ligue 1 title if they beat Angers and second-placed Marseille also fail to defeat Nantes.
- Spoiling the party and consolidating their position of safety will be the aim for Angers then, but 13 straight H2H defeats underlines why they will start as huge underdogs. The hosts have at least had some success across their eight home games as a Ligue 1 outsider this season (W2, D2, L4), although the reality is they look up against it here after failing to score more than one goal in ten of their previous 11 home matches.
- That inability to score more than once will be a huge worry considering PSG have walked away with a win by at least a four-goal margin in three of the last five H2Hs. The champions-elect have also beaten a -2 handicap in three of their previous five Ligue 1 games too, so it may be a matter of how many PSG put past Angers’ defence.
- The Parisians were limited to just two goals in their 2-1 ‘Le Classique’ win against bitter rivals Marseille last weekend, a result that put Mauricio Pochettino’s team on the edge of becoming the joint-most successful top-flight side in French history alongside St Étienne. Yet despite the gulf on paper between these sides, there’s no guarantee of victory for PSG as they’ve lost three of their previous four Ligue 1 away games (W1), and have uncharacteristically conceded in ten straight league outings on the road.
- Players to watch: Angelo Fulgini scored the opener in the reverse fixture. That was one of three match openers he’s netted this season, albeit Angers have gone on to lose all three of those games! Although his future remains unknown, Kylian Mbappé’s return of six goals across PSG’s last three Ligue 1 outings – each of which saw him score before half-time – has put him in the driving seat to collect the league’s top scorer award.
- Hot streak: Angers’ last nine games have either seen a 0-0 or 1-0 scoreline either way at half-time.
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 33
Angers – Paris SG
Kick-off: April 20, 20:00
Prediction: Away Win
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE