Armenia – Scotland Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 14.06.2022
⚽ Armenia – Scotland Predictions
Armenia – Scotland Tips and Odds for June 14, 17:00 UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE.
Armenia – Scotland Preview
- Armenia may have failed to qualify for the World Cup but they have been one of the UEFA Nations League’s (UNL) success stories, given that they are now two divisions higher than where they began. While another consecutive promotion appears unlikely after a slow start this time around (W1, L2), FIFA’s 92nd ranked team can take a huge step towards survival with victory over Scotland.
- That doesn’t seem like too much of an unrealistic ambition when considering Armenia’s impressive UNL home record, having only lost once on home soil in their group games (W5, D1). The recent overall form of Joaquín Caparrós’ men doesn’t inspire confidence though, with Armenia conceding 14 times and scoring just twice in reply this calendar year (W2, L3).
- A shock 3-0 defeat to Ireland last time out has raised fresh questions around the direction that Scotland are heading in after failing to qualify for the World Cup earlier in the international break, and with boss Steve Clarke potentially about to lose assistant John Carver, the problems keep mounting up. Despite the negatives, Scotland won the first H2H between the nations last week and will hope to double up in Yerevan.
- The defeat last round ended a four-game unbeaten run of away internationals for Scotland (W3, D1), so they may be quietly confident of bouncing back to form. UNL promotion is not out of the question at this early stage for Scotland either, yet to do so they will need to improve on their uninspiring away group record in this competition (W2, L4).
- Key battle: Krasnodar & Armenia’s Eduard Spertsyan scored in two of his last three appearances for club & country, yet the international strike was Armenia’s only goal across the last 431 minutes of play. Trying to stop him will be defender Scott McKenna, who actually had the ball in the net twice before half-time in the reverse, yet one goal was ruled out by VAR.
- Hot stat: Four of Armenia’s five all-time UNL home victories came without reply.
UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE B – ROUND 4
Armenia – Scotland
Kick-off: June 14, 17:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals