Arsenal – Leeds Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 08.05.2022
⚽ Arsenal – Leeds Predictions
Arsenal – Leeds Tips and Odds for May 8, 14:00 ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE.
Arsenal – Leeds Preview
- Arsenal guaranteed a Europa League place next term with a hard-fought 2-1 win over West Ham United but there’ll be no let-up as they’re targeting a Champions League berth. After three consecutive wins over sides that started the day in the top seven for the first time since March 2012, they need to keep pushing if they’re to beat rivals Tottenham Hotspur to that coveted top-four spot.
- A different challenge awaits against a Leeds United side battling for their Premier League (PL) lives, but after winning each of the last four H2Hs in North London – three of them ‘to nil’ – Arsenal will be heavy favourites to make it five in a row. The ‘Gunners’ have done a good job of living up to their pre-match billing this term, winning 79% of their home league matches entered as favourites, and another victory here could almost be decisive in the top-four battle, with Spurs away to Liverpool the day before.
- While Leeds weren’t disgraced when losing 4-0 to Manchester City, arguably as big a blow as ceding ground to their relegation rivals was losing key players Liam Cooper and Stuart Dallas to injury. They’ve four games remaining to save themselves but a significantly worse goal difference than both Burnley and Everton makes their task harder.
- Despite a reasonable PL away record (W4, D5, L8), Leeds’ performances on the road against the current top six makes for grim reading as they’ve lost all five encounters this season while conceding an average of 4.6 goals per game! To break that cycle, they must extend a three-match unbeaten PL league away run (W2, D1) which includes five consecutive halves without conceding.
- Players to watch: Bukayo Saka has scored twice and assisted once in his last three Arsenal appearances and netted in December’s reverse fixture while Raphinha, who registered Leeds’ consolation on that day, also opened the scoring in their last league away win.
- Hot stat: No team has conceded more PL goals from set-pieces and penalties than Leeds this season (23).
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 36
Arsenal – Leeds
Kick-off: May 8, 14:00
Prediction: Home Win