Arsenal – Nottingham Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 30.10.2022
⚽ Arsenal – Nottingham Predictions
Arsenal – Nottingham Predictions and Tips and Odds for October 30, 15:00 PREMIER LEAGUE.
Arsenal – Nottingham Preview
- While the first 14 games of the season across both domestic and European action were plain sailing for Arsenal (W13, L1), the last two have been anything but (D1, L1). A UEFA Europa League defeat to PSV saw the Gunners register their first blank of the season in a 2-0 defeat, while a 1-1 Premier League (PL) draw – their first stalemate in 28 league games – against Southampton last weekend allowed Manchester City to close the gap at the PL summit to two points.
- Considering Mikel Arteta’s side have won their last seven PL games against newly-promoted opposition, you would expect Arsenal to get back on track with a win here, even accounting for a leaky backline without a clean sheet in ten PL home games. The last eight of those have resulted in victory though, and in English top-flight history, only Aston Villa in 1888/89 have ever won nine consecutive home games while conceding in each.
- Arsenal conceding goals will be music to the ears of a Nottingham Forest side who have struggled to score many of their own of late, netting just two across their last five PL outings (W1, D2, L2). One goal was enough to topple PL giants Liverpool 1-0 last weekend though and ease some of the pressure on Steve Cooper in the process, though it wasn’t enough to lift them off the foot of the table.
- Cooper could add a little more security to his job here if his Forest side can do something only the legendary Brian Clough has managed across the last 27 visits and win a league match on Arsenal turf (W2, D11, L14). However, Forest’s poor PL away record this season (D2, L4) indicates that looks to be a tall order for Cooper and with just one goal accumulated across those six games, Forest’s big weakness is there for all to see.
- Players to watch: More renowned for collecting yellow cards, Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka has actually scored their last two goals and is in line for a 200th PL appearance here. Meanwhile, Brennan Johnson has scored Forest’s only away league goal this season and his last three goals on the road all came after the break.
- Hot stat: Arsenal have led at half-time in eight of their 11 PL games this season (HT: D2, L1).
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 14
Arsenal – Nottingham
Kick-off: October 30, 15:00
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals