AS Roma – Bodo/Glimt Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 14.04.2022
⚽ AS Roma – Bodo/Glimt Predictions
AS Roma – Bodo/Glimt Tips and Odds for April 14, 20:00 EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE.
AS Roma – Bodo/Glimt Preview
- Roma face an uphill battle if they are to progress to the UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) semi-finals as they need to overturn a 2-1 first-leg deficit against bogey team Bodø/Glimt. Nothing less than victory will suffice for Roma who were one of the favourites to win the trophy, though confidence of securing victory may well be low as despite this being the fourth meeting between these sides this season, José Mourinho’s team are still yet to win (D1, L2)!
- After an ill-tempered first leg and both managers exchanging verbals in the build up to this clash, pride is also at stake, with Mourinho citing how his side are “civilised” in comparison with their Norwegian compatriots. While feisty words alone won’t be enough to see Roma progress, their unbeaten UECL home record this season (W3, D2), coupled with a hostile Stadio Olimpico crowd on their side, could be what Roma need to finally get one over Bodø/Glimt.
- The Norwegians warmed up for perhaps their biggest European fixture to date with their first Eliteserien victory of the season (2-1 vs Sandefjord). Whilst the warmth of the Italian capital is a far cry from the freezing temperatures of their Arctic Circle homeland, travelling the European continent hasn’t bothered Bodø/Glimt too much this year as they’ve drawn five of their last six (W1) UECL away games – a result which would see them progress here.
- This game serves as Bodø/Glimt’s 20th game in Europe this season alone – the joint-longest of any team in UEFA club competition history! Don’t expect fatigue to play a part for ‘Superlaget’ though as they always appear to fight until the bitter end, and have scored on or beyond the 70th minute in their last four games (W3, D1).
- Players to watch: Roma’s Tammy Abraham is eyeing up the UECL Golden Boot, and with seven goals so far, he tops the charts. Chasing him down is Bodø/Glimt’s Ola Solbakken (six goals) who missed the first leg, but should return here. He scored three goals across the two group stage H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Bodø/Glimt have won five of the six previous UEFA ties in which they carried a lead into the second away leg.
EUROPA CONFERENCE LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS
AS Roma – Bodo/Glimt
Kick-off: April 14, 20:00
Prediction: Home Win