Aston Villa – Nottingham Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 08.04.2023
⚽ Aston Villa – Nottingham Predictions
Aston Villa – Nottingham Predictions and Tips and Odds for April 8, 15:00 PREMIER LEAGUE.
Aston Villa – Nottingham Preview
- The incredible resurgence of Aston Villa under Unai Emery continued in midweek with a 2-1 victory over Leicester, which moved the Villans to within six points of the top-five! That win made it six games unbeaten (W5, D1), while just Arsenal have won more Premier League (PL) games since Emery’s appointment (AV 10, ARS 13).
- Villa were just a point clear of the drop zone when the Spaniard was appointed, but after the victory over Leicester he admitted his side ‘have the possibility to fight for the European positions’. The incredible transformation in their form is rooted on a strong defence that’s conceded just twice in their six-match unbeaten run, sparking hope of a first European qualification in over a decade.
- Things are very different for visitors Nottingham Forest, who lost a relegation six-pointer against Leeds last time out to leave them without a victory in eight matches (D3, L5). That miserable run has ramped up the pressure on boss Steve Cooper, but the Welshman insists he’s not thinking about his own future, rather ‘the greater good of the club’.
- Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis threw his support behind Cooper in a club statement after the defeat, but his position remains precarious with his side above the relegation zone on goal difference alone. A trip to Villa Park therefore comes at an inopportune time, as the Tricky Trees have the worst away record in the division (W1, D3, L10), netting just five times on the road, while their sole victory came against basement boys Southampton.
- Players to watch: Villa frontman Ollie Watkins is in the form of his life, scoring eight times in his last ten PL appearances – five of which arrived inside the opening 25 minutes. If Forest are to finally start scoring on the road, Morgan Gibbs-White will likely be the architect, as he’s created 54 chances in the PL this term – only eight players have managed more.
- Hot stat: Aston Villa have scored nine goals in the opening 15 minutes of PL home matches this season, more than any other side in the division.
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 30
Aston Villa – Nottingham
Kick-off: April 8, 15:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE