Atalanta – Napoli Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 03.04.2022
⚽ Atalanta – Napoli Predictions
Atalanta – Napoli Tips and Odds for April 3, 14:00 ITALY: SERIE A.
Atalanta – Napoli Preview
- Once looking well on-course for a fifth top-four finish in six seasons, Atalanta have fallen off the pace in Serie A (SA) this year (W3, D4, L3). Amongst the more disappointing results was a 0-0 home draw against relegation battlers Genoa before the international break, leading Atalanta coach Gian Piero Gasperini to lament that ‘Il Grifone’ “make life difficult for everyone”.
- Atalanta have shown a similar ability to grind out results when needed though, winning three of their previous four fixtures by a one-goal margin. They’ve also won their last three battles against Napoli, and with each of those encounters seeing both teams combine for four or more total goals, this particular clash of heavyweights has a recent history of high-octane drama!
- Napoli went into the international break off the back of consecutive 2-1 wins in SA action, but they need to keep the streak going after previously losing a potential title-deciding clash with AC Milan. A return of no clean sheets in eight competitive matches will worry manager Luciano Spalletti, who has only won one of his last nine personal encounters with Atalanta (D4, L4).
- Despite this, the visitors’ away form could tip the scales in their favour, as they aim to bounce back from the recent absence of returning hero Victor Osimhen – which Spalletti claims to have affected the title race. Only leaders Milan have picked up more points on their travels than Napoli, who have also scored first in a league-high 12 of their 15 SA away games this campaign.
- Players to watch: Atalanta will be hoping Luis Muriel can get his goalscoring boots on, as they’ve won 35 of the 41 matches he’s scored in (D5, L1), while Osimhen has bagged a brace in his last two SA matches, with nine of his 15 goals this season coming away from home.
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 31
Atalanta – Napoli
Kick-off: April 3, 14:00
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals