Atalanta – Salernitana Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 15.01.2023
⚽ Atalanta – Salernitana Predictions
Atalanta – Salernitana Predictions and Tips and Odds for January 15, 18:00 SERIE A.
Atalanta – Salernitana Preview
- Despite winning just one of their last five Serie A (SA) games (D1, L3), Atalanta find themselves firmly in the race for a European spot. With six sides from 2nd-7th separated by just six points, there is little more margin for error for Atalanta ahead of the visit of Salernitana, as they go in search of back-to-back league wins for the first time since October after beating Bologna 2-1 on Monday.
- It was an early goal Atalanta conceded in that game, and counteracting such goals has been something they’ve struggled with; they’re one of two SA sides ahead of the round not to score a league goal in the opening 15 minutes this season. Facing SA’s joint leakiest defence in the opening 15 minutes coming into the round could be a blessing then, as Atalanta aim to end a three-match losing home league run.
- Seeking to end a winless run of their own, Salernitana travel on the back of an unsuccessful five-match SA run (D2, L3). Battling back from a goal down against Torino to claim a 1-1 draw in their last outing ended a three-match losing league streak, but with their last SA win coming back in October, Salernitana are perhaps counting their blessings to have already built up a hefty cushion to the drop zone.
- Things are unlikely to get any better with a trip to Lombardia, a region where Salernitana are winless in 11 SA visits (D2, L9), conceding at an eye-watering average of over two goals per game. Conceding goals will likely again be on the menu for a side with just one away league clean sheet all season, but with this their first game of their SA travels in 2023, a result like their 2022 away opener, a 2-1 victory against Verona, certainly wouldn’t go amiss.
- Players to watch: Teenage Danish sensation Rasmus Højlund looks to be finding his feet at Atalanta, scoring second-half goals to make the score 2-1 in their last two SA games. Perhaps earmarking this fixture to boost his goal tally, Salernitana’s Krzysztof Piątek has scored more career competitive goals against Atalanta than any other opponent (six).
- Hot stat: Salernitana failed to score in the first half in seven of their eight away league games this season.
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 18
Atalanta – Salernitana
Kick-off: January 15, 18:00
Prediction: Home Win