Ath Bilbao – Osasuna Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 15.05.2022
⚽ Ath Bilbao – Osasuna Predictions
Ath Bilbao – Osasuna Tips and Odds for May 15, 18:30 SPAIN: LALIGA.
Ath Bilbao – Osasuna Preview
- Back-to-back La Liga (LL) games without victory has left Athletic Bilbao with an increasingly unlikely chance of returning to UEFA football for the first time since 2017/18, particularly after Villarreal’s thumping defeat of Vallecano during the week opened up a four-point buffer between Athletic and the all-important top seven going into this round. Their first of two crucial games is a home assignment against fellow mid-table club Osasuna, whom they have not defeated at home from their last three attempts (D2, L1).
- Failures to defeat Getafe (1-1), Celta Vigo (0-2) and Valencia (0-0) in their last two months of home engagements are symptomatic of an end-of-season malaise that has plagued Athletic for years. A club that has failed to take more than 50% of points available from the last five games of their five prior LL seasons could once again fall frustratingly short of European qualification as a result.
- Osasuna can only blame themselves for falling out of top-seven contention with three consecutive 1-1 draws, all against bottom-half clubs (Elche, Espanyol, Getafe) and all seeing them concede an equaliser within 30 minutes of opening the scoring. Manager Jagoba Arrasate, who received a contract extension in March, still has plenty to be proud of as they close in on potentially their highest top-flight finish since 2011/12.
- The Pamplona-based club have also exceeded expectations on the road throughout 2021/22, boasting by far the best win rate as visiting outsiders (31%; W5, D4, L7) of any LL club to have started at least four games under such circumstances. Declaring this trip “a special match for our fans”, Arrasate is all too aware of the additional incentive of finding their first clean sheet in seven away LL outings.
- Players to watch: If Oihan Sancet – hat-trick hero from the reverse H2H – remains out injured, Iñaki Williams will be the only member of Athletic’s matchday squad to have scored in two of the last six H2Hs. For the visitors, veteran Ante Budimir has scored in three of their last four LL away trips.
- Hot stat: Nine of the last 12 LL fixtures involving either club have produced two or fewer total goals.
SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 37
Ath Bilbao – Osasuna
Kick-off: May 15, 18:30
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals