Barnsley – Brentford Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 24.11.2020
⚽ Barnsley – Brentford Predictions
Barnsley – Brentford Tips and Odds. November 24, 20:45 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 13.
Barnsley – Brentford Preview
- Losers in exactly 50% of their last 38 league games entered as outsiders going into the November international break (W9, D10, L19), in-form Barnsley have scored first in seven of their last eight Championship matches, losing the one game when failing to do so (W4, D3, L1). Five of those seven matches saw Barnsley lead at HT, while three of them saw the ‘Tykes’ open the scoring inside the first 20 minutes.
- Difficult hosts, Barnsley have lost just one of their last 11 competitive matches at Oakwell (W6, D4, L1), conceding no first-half goals within this sequence. As such, they’ve led at HT in three of their last four matches here, scoring a penalty goal on two occasions, and averaging exactly 1.0 first-half goals across that quartet.
- After a 0-0 draw at Wycombe, Brentford have drawn four out of their last five matches. Meanwhile, each of their three score draws registered in the Championship this term have seen the home side on the day score first, but Brentford have recovered just a point when conceding the opener this season (D1, L2).
- Though reliant on scoring first to get a positive result, Brentford have dropped seven out of the last 15 points available from leading HT positions (FT: W2, D2, L1), The goals should not be kept waiting either way, as only the most recent of Brentford’s six Championship away games has seen a goalless first half, with four producing over 1.5 first-half goals.
- Players to watch: Callum Styles opened the scoring in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest. Both of his prior senior-level goals for Barnsley have been match openers.
- Brentford’s Ivan Toney has averaged 1.5 goals per match inside the opening 30 minutes across the Bees’ two away league wins this term.
- Hot stat: Barnsley have led at HT in just seven home league matches since their 2019 promotion, but won six (D1) of those.
|Head-to-head matches: BARNSLEY – BRENTFORD|
|22.07.20||CHA||Brentford||Barnsley||1 : 2|
|29.09.19||CHA||Barnsley||Brentford||1 : 3|
|28.04.18||CHA||Barnsley||Brentford||2 : 0|
|16.12.17||CHA||Brentford||Barnsley||0 : 0|
|17.04.17||CHA||Barnsley||Brentford||1 : 1|