Bayern Munich – Barcelona Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 13.09.2022
⚽ Bayern Munich – Barcelona Predictions
Bayern Munich – Barcelona Predictions and Tips and Odds for September 13, 20:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.
Bayern Munich – Barcelona Preview
- Just nine months on from last season’s final UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage game when Bayern Munich condemned Barcelona to a first group stage exit from the tournament since 2000/01 (W3-0), Bayern will now seek to assert their dominance yet again. The big storyline in this fixture is Robert Lewandowski’s swift return to the Allianz Arena following his move to Barça, and he actually contributed to three goals in this H2H last season in Bayern colours (G2, A1).
- The ten-time consecutive German champions could do with that Lewandowski magic again after suffering a stuttering start in Bundesliga action this season, as they are now on a run of three winless league games for only the third time in four years (D3). Despite those potential domestic worries, Bayern have won each of their last four UCL groups and 18 in total during the club’s history, just three shy of Barcelona’s competition record!
- A blistering start to the La Liga season (W4, D1) and a commanding 5-1 win over Plzeň in the opening UCL game may have pushed the failures of last season to the back of Barcelona minds. However their most recent game was overshadowed by a medical emergency in the stands, yet the players did themselves proud by helping staff to resolve the situation before eventually winning 4-0 in Cadíz.
- Barcelona’s opening day UCL win alone has already seen them more than double their paltry two-goal haul from last season’s edition, yet they will surely face a much tougher test in Bavaria having never won an away H2H (D2, L4). But in order to record that historic first win, Barcelona will have to improve on a wobbling run of just 12 wins from their last 27 UCL away games (D9, L6).
- Players to watch: All five of Sadio Mané’s goals since moving to Bayern served to extend a lead, although it remains that his only career goals at the Allianz Arena came back in a 3-1 win with Liverpool back in 2018/19! All eyes will be on Lewandowski who has now scored UCL hat-tricks for three different clubs (Dortmund, Bayern, Barcelona) and is just two away from matching Cristiano Ronaldo & Lionel Messi’s joint all-time record of eight.
- Hot streak: Bayern are unbeaten in their last 24 UCL home group games (W23, D1).
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2
Bayern Munich – Barcelona
Kick-off: September 13, 20:00
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals