Belgium – Wales Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 22.09.2022
⚽ Belgium – Wales Predictions
Belgium – Wales Predictions and Tips and Odds for September 22, 19:45 UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE.
Belgium – Wales Preview
- A surprise 4-1 defeat to the Netherlands in June means Belgium (FIFA rank: #2) are still playing catch-up as they bid to reach the UEFA Nations League (UNL) finals for the second time. They’ll be hoping to set up a winner-takes-all clash with the Dutch by extending a three-match unbeaten H2H run against Wales (W1, D2) as their build-up to the 2022 World Cup takes another step up in intensity.
- The Red Devils are yet to draw a UNL home fixture (W6, L1) so their fans won’t expect a repeat of the 1-1 stalemate that these two played out in Wales in June. Another reason a repeat seems unlikely is that four of their last five home UNL fixtures produced over 4.5 goals, including their 6-1 hammering of Poland last time out.
- Wales (FIFA rank: #19) manager Robert Page recently signed a new four-year contract meaning he can focus on on-field matters as they try to avoid returning to UNL Group B (D1, L3). With just two group games remaining, they trail Poland, who they play in the final round, by three points, so are up against it after having to prioritise their rescheduled World Cup qualifier against Ukraine earlier this year.
- Making matters harder for them, they’ll be without experienced players Joe Allen, Ben Davies, Aaron Ramsey and Harry Wilson through injury while Page may not risk Gareth Bale due to his late arrival following MLS action. Instead, Page might offer a glimpse of Wales’ future after calling up teenage midfielders Luke Harris and Jamie Jordan.
- Players to watch: Belgium’s Kevin De Bruyne has laid on five assists across his last four club appearances while Brennan Johnson scored Wales’ opener in each of their last two fixtures.
- Hot stat: There’s been an average of one goal per game after the 75th minute across Wales’s last five UNL away fixtures (W2, D1, L2).
UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 5
Belgium – Wales
Kick-off: September 22, 19:45
Prediction: Home Win