Birmingham – Hull Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 30.12.2022
⚽ Birmingham – Hull Predictions
Birmingham – Hull Predictions and Tips and Odds for December 30, 20:45 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Birmingham – Hull Preview
- Birmingham City couldn’t recover from conceding the fastest Championship goal of the season in a 3-0 defeat at Burnley on Tuesday, their heaviest defeat of the campaign. While the top-six race remains tightly packed, the play-off chasing Blues must quickly regroup after a run of one win in five games (D2, L2), and the anticipated return of top-scorer Scott Hogan could prove timely as they seek a return to winning ways against Hull City.
- Despite conceding three against Burnley, Birmingham still have one of the meanest Championship defences this campaign, but conceding twice in each of their last three home games raises doubts over their prospects of holding firm here. John Eustace’s side now have the incentive to not only rise a considerable number of places in the table with victory, but also complete a first league double over Hull since the 1968/69 campaign following a 2-0 win in the reverse fixture.
- Hull needed a first Óscar Estupiñán goal in nine league games to draw 1-1 against ten-man Blackpool on Boxing Day, extending their indifferent eight-game form (W1, D4, L3) and doing little to address their relegation concerns. With the Tigers shackled with one of the worst defensive records in the league (41 conceded), scoring goals could be crucial for the upturn of their fortunes as coach Liam Rosenior urged his side “to be more clinical and ruthless in the final third” after the Blackpool draw.
- The Tigers’ away form does provide room for cautious optimism though, with Hull unbeaten across five trips (W3, D2) after losing their four prior games on the road. Adding a win to extend that sequence would boost their survival chances in addition to landing a first away H2H victory since November 2012 (D3, L2 hence).
- Key battle: Birmingham’s Troy Deeney has four career goals against Hull, each time as his team’s opening scorer, including the reverse fixture. Aiming to keep him at bay, Matt Ingram could be a tough nut to crack with the Hull ‘keeper boasting a clean sheet in his only previous game against Birmingham.
- Hot stat: No team has scored more opening goals within the first 15 minutes than Birmingham’s eight this season.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 25
Birmingham – Hull
Kick-off: December 30, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE