Birmingham – Preston Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 20.01.2021
⚽ Birmingham – Preston Predictions
Birmingham – Preston Tips and Odds. January 20, 20:45 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 25.
Birmingham – Preston Preview
- Ending a seven-game winless run with a 1-0 win last weekend (all competitions: D1, L6), Birmingham City’s last five such matches have seen one or no teams score – a far cry from their 2-1 win in the reverse H2H. Still flirting with relegation, the Blues’ league matches have been flat, with 45.83% producing under 1.5 match goals, whilst totalling 1.96 average league goals.
- Manager Aitor Karanka (BIR) has more stats to worry about here as he’s seen his side lose 69.23% of 13 home games in all competitions, the last three of which by two or more goals. Moreover, not for lack of trying, the Blues haven’t gone nine (or more) home league games without a win since 2013/14, and Karanka hasn’t won back-to-back January matches since 2014/15!
- Opposing gaffer Alex Neil has his own problems as Preston North End have lost three matches on the spin in all competitions and are struggling for form in 13th-place. In see-saw fashion, the ‘Lilywhites’ have played out the fewest league draws (D2) and despite netting a reasonable 1.25 average league goals per game, haven’t netted for two straight league matches.
- Neil himself has worrying stats to address as Preston’s away form has dipped of late and their goal difference over their last eight awaydays has seen them concede over double the goals they’ve scored (GF: 8 GA: 19). Yet, on a positive note, Preston won their last trip to St Andrew’s Stadium and have lost just one of their last six trips here (W3, D2, L1).
- Players to watch: Three-goal Scott Hogan (BIR) slotted home a first-half winner in his last match and has scored a career hat-trick against the visitors. Meanwhile, three-goal Sean Maguire (PRE) has won every H2H appearance (W4) and scored in his last visit here.
- Hot stat: The last 12 H2Hs have seen both teams score in 66.67% of the matches, with an average of 2.67 total goals scored across them.
|Head-to-head matches: BIRMINGHAM – PRESTON|
|31.10.20||CHA||Preston||Birmingham||1 : 2|
|18.07.20||CHA||Preston||Birmingham||2 : 0|
|21.09.19||CHA||Birmingham||Preston||0 : 1|
|16.03.19||CHA||Preston||Birmingham||1 : 0|
|01.12.18||CHA||Birmingham||Preston||3 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 25
Birmingham – Preston
Kick-off: January 20, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals