Birmingham – Swansea Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 02.04.2021
⚽ Birmingham – Swansea Predictions
Birmingham – Swansea Tips and Odds. April 2, 20:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 39.
Birmingham – Swansea Preview
- Based on the disparity of games played at the bottom of the table, Birmingham City spent the international break a potential four points adrift of safety. Birmingham’s return of just three victories from their previous 14 Championship outings is largely down to slow starts, as just 13.16% of their league matches have seen them enjoy a HT lead (HT: W5, D24, L9).
- The hosts may enter this game as the second tier’s worst home side in terms of average points (0.79), but here they could get consecutive home wins in the Championship for the first time since Oct 2019! However, the fact that the ‘Blues’ have claimed a league-low 1.43 points on average when scoring first here this campaign (W3, D1, L3) is deeply concerning.
- Still fighting to stay in the battle for automatic promotion, Swansea City have experienced a recent dip in form, with consecutive Championship losses for the first time since December 2019. They also failed to score in both of those losses, and a third successive scoring blank would mark their longest such run in the Championship since Oct 2018!
- The ‘Swans’ will also be aiming to avoid consecutive away losses in the second tier, and therefore their worst such run at this level of the pyramid in almost two years! To achieve that, starting well will be a priority, as Swansea are one of just three Championship sides to have won every league fixture (of 14) in which they’ve held a HT lead this campaign.
- Players to watch: Birmingham’s Scott Hogan has scored the game’s opener in each of his last four goalscoring Championship matches. However, any Hogan strike could be cancelled out by Swansea’s André Ayew, who has been the game’s last scorer in the previous three league matches to see him get on the scoresheet.
- Hot stat: Eight (61.54%) of the last 13 competitive H2Hs have witnessed a goalless first half.
|Head-to-head matches: BIRMINGHAM – SWANSEA|
|19.09.20||CHA||Swansea||Birmingham||0 : 0|
|08.07.20||CHA||Birmingham||Swansea||1 : 3|
|25.08.19||CHA||Swansea||Birmingham||3 : 0|
|29.01.19||CHA||Swansea||Birmingham||3 : 3|
|17.08.18||CHA||Birmingham||Swansea||0 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 39
Birmingham – Swansea
Kick-off: April 2, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals