Blackburn – Stoke Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 18.04.2022
⚽ Blackburn – Stoke Predictions
Blackburn – Stoke Tips and Odds for April 18, 15:00 ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP.
Blackburn – Stoke Preview
- Although they head into Easter Monday’s fixtures just two points off of the play-off places, eighth-placed Blackburn Rovers are now big outsiders to secure a place in the top six this season. That’s because not only do some rivals around them boast games in hand, but they’re also suffering a sticky run of form – Tony Mowbray’s men are winless in their last four league outings (D2, L2).
- Ewood Park is the ideal venue for them to get back on track though as this stadium has been a fortress for Rovers. They’ve picked up 41 points at home this season (W12, D5, L4), which is the best return in the division. Although just one win in their last seven competitive home matches vs Stoke City (W1, D3, L3) highlights how improving on that record is far from guaranteed.
- Stoke are rooted in mid-table and won’t be going down or up this season, meaning a lot of their players might already be looking eagerly towards their summer holidays. Their form across their last six matches would certainly hint to as much (W3, L3). The most recent result in that run was a 1-0 defeat at home to Bristol City, which is also coincidentally the scoreline to which they lost to Rovers earlier in the season.
- That defeat made it four straight H2H clashes that have produced two match goals or fewer. There’s every chance that trend ends in this meeting though based on the entertainment that has been served up in recent Stoke away clashes. Their last eight Championship trips saw both teams score (W1, D4, L3), while six of those produced over 2.5 match goals.
- Players to watch: Blackburn’s Sam Gallagher is aiming to score in a third straight home game, while opponent Lewis Baker will try to bag his fifth Stoke away goal across his last six away league matches.
- Hot stat: On the road, Stoke’s league matches have averaged the second-highest number of match corners across the division (10.90).
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 43
Blackburn – Stoke
Kick-off: April 18, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals