Blackpool – Cardiff Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 07.04.2023
⚽ Blackpool – Cardiff Predictions
Blackpool – Cardiff Predictions and Tips and Odds for April 7, 15:00 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Blackpool – Cardiff Preview
- It was already a bad week for Blackpool after their CEO was handed a one-match ban and fined £3,500, but it only got worse when they were beaten 3-1 by local rivals Preston to keep them second-from-bottom in the Championship standings. “It’s a real problem for us putting the ball in the net,” admitted manager Mick McCarthy after his side suffered their third loss in four matches (W1).
- That lone win did come here though, against another struggling side (QPR), and by an impressive 6-1 scoreline too, so the Tangerines do know where the goal is having scored in three of their last four home fixtures (W2, D1, L1). There’s been no goalless H2H in Blackpool since April 1955 so scoring seems likely, and in the most recent of those games in August 2021, McCarthy was managing opponents Cardiff City.
- He’ll be keen to get one over his former employers, who like Blackpool recently suffered a derby defeat as they conceded deep into injury time to lose 3-2 to fierce rivals Swansea City on Saturday. Cardiff manager Sabri Lamouchi described it as a “cruel scenario” which left them just four points in front of Blackpool and only ahead of the bottom three on goal difference.
- The Bluebirds have struggled on the road in the league recently (W1, L5) with all six of those games seeing only one side score, although they were 1-0 up when their last road trip at Rotherham was suspended due to bad weather. At least the forecast is good for Blackpool on Friday, which could inspire Cardiff to repeat last season’s 2-0 H2H win at Bloomfield Road.
- Players to watch: Jerry Yates has scored Blackpool’s opener in each of their last three matches, with three of his last five league goals coming after the 75th minute. Cardiff’s man in form is Sory Kaba, who’s netted after the break in three of their last four fixtures.
- Hot stat: Cardiff have been ahead at half-time in a league-low four league matches this term (D22, L12).
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 40
Blackpool – Cardiff
Kick-off: April 7, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE