Blackpool – Sunderland Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 01.01.2023
⚽ Blackpool – Sunderland Predictions
Blackpool – Sunderland Predictions and Tips and Odds for January 1, 16:00 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Blackpool – Sunderland Preview
- Blackpool will be hoping the new year brings with it a turnaround in their fortunes after ending 2022 without a win from their last eight Championship games (D3, L5). That dismal run means Michael Appleton’s men will start 2023 inside the relegation zone, with increasing pressure on his position at Bloomfield Road amid fan unrest and growing fears of a return to League One.
- The Seasiders boss praised the “spirit” of his side as they tried but ultimately failed to mount a comeback in a 2-1 defeat to promotion chasing Sheffield United. Another match on home soil doesn’t bode well for that spirit surviving either, as Blackpool are winless in their last four at Bloomfield Road (D1, L3), scoring just one goal in the process.
- By contrast, Sunderland have made a tremendous return to Championship action after the extended break, winning three of their five matches (D1, L1) and moving into the play-off places. Due to the tight nature of the division, fans are unlikely to be getting carried away with the thought of back-to-back promotions just yet, but they can take heart from beating Blackpool’s fellow strugglers Wigan 4-1 on their last trip to the North West just a few days ago.
- Manager Tony Mowbray’s thoughts align with those of the Sunderland fans as he reiterated that the club’s goal is to “stay in this league and try and compete around mid-table”. That objective certainly won’t be a problem if the Black Cats can keep up their tremendous form on the road, with a run of five games without defeat (W3, D2) helping them to the second-best away record in the division ahead of their latest trip.
- Players to watch: Blackpool forward Gary Madine has had a direct hand in each of the Tangerines’ last four goals (G2, A2), while he’s also directly contributed to two strikes (G1, A1) across two unbeaten H2H meetings with Sunderland (D2). His output pales in comparison to Black Cats winger Amad Diallo though, who has had a direct hand in seven goals in his last ten league games (G6, A1).
- Hot stat: Blackpool have failed to score in 50% of their Championship home games this season.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 26
Blackpool – Sunderland
Kick-off: January 1, 16:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE