Bolivia – Argentina Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 13.10.2020
⚽ Bolivia – Argentina Predictions
Bolivia – Argentina Tips and Odds. October 13, 00:00 USA: MLS.
Bolivia – Argentina Preview
- The 3,637m elevation of La Paz’s Estadio Hernando Siles is a reliable contributor to Bolivia’s strong recent home record. Indeed, home turf is where they have claimed their last five victories against CONMEBOL opposition (D2, L1), when including the 2-0 win over Peru that was eventually reversed due to a rule breach.
- Going back to the beginning of the 2018 World Cup qualification (WCQ) campaign, Bolivia have won five of their last nine matches held in La Paz (D2, L2) including the game awarded to Peru. Additionally, the hosts have maintained clean sheets in each of their last four WCQ matches held in La Paz, including a 2-0 HT/FT double over Argentina.
- Argentina are, however, enjoying a lengthy unbeaten spell (W5, D3) since their triumph over Chile in the 2019 Copa América third-place playoff. Since the 2018 World Cup, the visitors have played away in an opposition country on just three occasions (W1, D1, L1), with their sole victory a one-goal win at 43rd-ranked Morocco.
- The visitors do have a propensity to be involved in low-scoring WCQ games. Just one of their last seven WCQ fixtures at any venue has produced over 2.5 total goals, with Argentina’s aforementioned 2-0 loss in Bolivia one of three occasions in that period in which they failed to score.
- Players to watch: Bolivia’s César Menacho searches again for his maiden international goal in his second match, after scoring in three of his last eight club games.
- Penalty taker Lionel Messi has scored in three consecutive international appearances for the first time since the 2014 World Cup, registering Argentina’s opening goal in two.
- Hot stat: A penalty kick has been awarded in five of Argentina’s last six encounters with South American nations, as well as in four of Bolivia’s last six against CONMEBOL teams.
SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 2
Bolivia – Argentina
Kick-off: October 13, 21:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals