Bordeaux – Lorient Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 14.05.2022
⚽ Bordeaux – Lorient Predictions
Bordeaux – Lorient Tips and Odds for May 14, 20:00 FRANCE: LIGUE 1S.
Bordeaux – Lorient Preview
- Once amongst the most respected teams in France, rock-bottom Bordeaux now face fellow relegation candidates Lorient in a crucial six-pointer. Starting this round four points away from the relegation playoff spot and having already suffered the joint-most defeats in a single Ligue 1 campaign (19), the ‘Girondins’ enter this game knowing that another loss would condemn them to their first relegation since 1990/91!
- A meeting with Lorient provides a golden opportunity to avoid losing four consecutive league games for the first time this season, having won their last seven home H2H meetings. Though David Guion’s men may need to focus on attack, as they have conceded the most goals in a single Ligue 1 campaign (89) since Rouen in 1977/78 and are still looking for their first league clean sheet at Matmut Atlantique in 2021/22.
- With just a three-point buffer over the bottom three, Lorient’s task is simple: win this one and almost certainly secure a third consecutive campaign in Ligue 1, thanks to a favourable goal difference over fellow strugglers Saint-Étienne. A first hat-trick of losses in 2022 hasn’t helped their cause and neither does conceding the first goal, with Lorient winning only six of a possible 57 points when allowing the opposition to strike first (W1, D3, L15).
- Squad morale remains in question though, as their current streak of three consecutive away losses have seen them suffer two of their top-ten heaviest-ever defeats. Few would be surprised if the latter minutes prove particularly painful for Lorient, after conceding a per game average of exactly two goals beyond the hour mark across their last three Ligue 1 away losses.
- Players to watch: Bordeaux might rely on Sékou Mara for a good start as he’s scored his team’s opening goal in three of their last five outings. Aiming to eclipse him will be Lorient’s Terem Moffi, who has been the game’s second or third goalscorer in his last six goalscoring Ligue 1 games.
- Hot stat: Bordeaux have conceded more home goals between the 31st minute-HT period than any other Ligue 1 side (ten).
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 37
Bordeaux – Lorient
Kick-off: May 14, 20:00
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals