Brentford – Crystal Palace Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 18.02.2023
⚽ Brentford – Crystal Palace Predictions
Brentford – Crystal Palace Predictions and Tips and Odds for February 18, 16:00 PREMIER LEAGUE.
Brentford – Crystal Palace Preview
- Brentford have a Lee Mason VAR gaffe to thank for the fact they can extend their ten match unbeaten Premier League run (W5, D5) against Crystal Palace, after securing a fortuitous equaliser in last week’s 1-1 draw against Arsenal. Only Newcastle can boast a longer current PL unbeaten run than Brentford’s, and considering all three PL H2Hs between these two sides have ended level, the Bees’ remarkable streak may live to fight yet another day.
- Boss Thomas Frank will want to break their PL duck against Palace though, with his side incentivised by the fact a win here would see Brentford string four successive top-flight home victories together for the first time since 1937! The free-scoring Bees will hope they can wrap up that record in style too given they have scored in both halves across their last four home league games.
- Brentford’s resurgence certainly doesn’t make for pleasant reading for Crystal Palace, who make the relatively short trip to their fellow Londoners on the back of a six game winless league run (D3, L3). These two sides only have a shallow H2H history, but the prospects of that run ending here appear slim given you’d have to go way back to Christmas Day 1957 for Palace’s last away H2H win which came in the Third Division South!
- If that win was a Christmas miracle, then Palace may need another here given their wretched record in London derbies this term (W1, D1, L5). If there’s perhaps one grain of hope Patrick Vieira’s side can take, then it’s the fact that sole victory did come on the road against West Ham (2-1), though they’ve subsequently lost three of the following four away league games (W1) which perhaps quashes that belief.
- Players to watch: You can bet your bottom dollar anything good about Brentford comes through Ivan Toney, with the Bees’ talisman netting the game opener in five of his last seven scoring appearances. Similarly influential, Wilfried Zaha is the only Palace player to score more than one away league goal this term and he opened the scoring in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Palace have kept a first half clean sheet in seven of their ten away league games this season.
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 24
Brentford – Crystal Palace
Kick-off: February 18, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE