Brentford – Leicester Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 18.03.2023
⚽ Brentford – Leicester Predictions
Brentford – Leicester Predictions and Tips and Odds for March 18, 16:00 PREMIER LEAGUE.
Brentford – Leicester Preview
- Brentford bounced back from their 1-0 defeat at Everton in style on Wednesday with a 2-0 away win over a sorry Southampton side. That result strengthened the Bees’ foothold in the top half of the Premier League (PL) and kept their hopes of a maiden European season alive. Red-hot Brentford striker Ivan Toney joked that “hopefully we can catch Arsenal” after their tenth league win, which in itself is a testament to the positive feeling around the club.
- Returning home ahead of the international break could provide a further boost to the Bees’ push for Europe as they’ve lost just one league game here all season (W7, D5). The sole home defeat came coincidently against league leaders Arsenal, and with only Manchester United entering the round with a longer PL unbeaten home run than Brentford (nine – W5, D4), Thomas Frank’s men should be brimming with confidence.
- Battling at the other end of the table are Leicester City, who enter this round precariously placed outside of the drop zone on goal difference alone. The Foxes have the advantage of not playing in midweek and they’ll need to take any edge they can get after a shocking run of five straight competitive defeats, their worst run of losses since a six-game streak back in 2014/15!
- Questions around Brendan Rodgers’ future have rumbled on all season, perhaps for good reason, as he’s now suffered more league defeats than any campaign in his career (W7, D3, L16). You could argue that’s in part because of Leicester’s failure to stick to that famous footballing adage on their PL travels of ‘if you’re not going to win, make sure you don’t lose’, and the Foxes are the only side across the top six steps of the English footballing pyramid yet to draw on their league travels (W4, L9).
- Players to watch: Each of Mathias Jensen’s four goals this season came at home, including one in three of Brentford’s last four home league wins. For the opposition, Leicester have scored just once in almost four hours of away play since Kelechi Iheanacho bagged one and assisted twice before half-time at Villa Park last month.
- Hot stat: Leicester have lost three of their four away league games in London this season (W1), conceding 12 times and scoring seven goals.
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 28
Brentford – Leicester
Kick-off: March 18, 16:00
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE