Brest – Bordeaux Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 20.05.2022
⚽ Brest – Bordeaux Predictions
Brest – Bordeaux Tips and Odds for May 21, 20:00 FRANCE: LIGUE 1.
Brest – Bordeaux Preview
- It’s been a great season for Brest who can seal their first top 11 Ligue 1 finish this century with a victory against seemingly doomed bottom-side Bordeaux. However Brest are currently on course for a third straight league defeat for the first time since October, but should be confident of avoiding that fate having beaten their opponents in each of the last three competitive H2H meetings.
- A 1-0 loss in Brest’s last home outing to Strasbourg ended what had been an impressive recent home run in the weeks prior (W2, D1). It was yet another late goal that cost them in that game, and 64% of the home league goals they’ve conceded this season have now arrived after half-time. Remaining strong in the closing stages could therefore be key if Brest want to avoid a fourth consecutive loss in a final home game of a Ligue 1 season.
- Bordeaux may still have a mathematical chance of avoiding the drop, though to catch Metz who currently occupy the relegation playoff spot, they’d need to win here, hope Metz and St-Étienne lose while at the very least overturning a deficit of 12 in terms of goal difference. That seems highly unlikely for a side that’s winless in six league games (D2, L4) and who have scored just once across their last three outings.
- The visitors actually have the worst goal difference in the league after conceding 89 goals this season, the most by any Ligue 1 side in the competition since Rouen in 1977/78! That’s a huge fall from grace for a club that was crowned champions of France as recently as 2008/09, but no real surprise considering Bordeaux have conceded 4+ goals in each of their last three away fixtures.
- Players to watch: Brest’s Jérémy Le Douaron recently returned from injury and will welcome the sight of Bordeaux after scoring his last three competitive goals against them. The visitors will be looking to exciting teenager Sékou Mara to deliver again after he scored three goals across his last six Bordeaux appearances.
- Hot stat: Eight of the last ten competitive H2H goals have arrived after half-time.
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 38
Brest – Bordeaux
Kick-off: May 21, 20:00
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals