Brest – Nantes Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 02.05.2021
⚽ Brest – Nantes Predictions
Brest – Nantes Tips and Odds. May 2, 14:00 FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 35.
Brest – Nantes Preview
- Stade Brestois know a draw here versus their relegation-threatened opponent would almost seal them a third consecutive campaign in Ligue 1 (L1). Notably, that has been the result in three of their last five fixtures (W1, D3, L1), whilst their current three-game unbeaten streak is their joint-longest of the campaign (W1, D2).
- The hosts will be frustrated by three consecutive home draws – two against bottom-half opponents – yet one positive is that Brest have the fourth-strongest first-half home record in the division (HT: W8, D5, L4). They’ve scored each of their previous five home goals in this first period, although ironically they’ve also conceded five of their last six home goals before HT too.
- Four points from guaranteed safety with four games to go, Nantes are in real danger of seeing their eight season stay in Ligue 1 come to an end, but beating Strasbourg last weekend to end a four-game winless L1 run (D1, L3) did boost survival hopes. Although, you’d have to go back to December 2019 for the last time they won back-to-back L1 fixtures. Strikingly, only Montpellier have seen more L1 games this season end with both teams scoring than Nantes (24), so this could be a lively affair.
- Antoine Kombouaré’s side have won just four L1 away battles in 2020/21, but three of those have come since the beginning of February. As a consequence, it’s just one defeat in six on the road, including a victory against reigning champions PSG (W3, D2), Interestingly though, the previous three each saw Nantes losing up until the 50th minute.
- Players to watch: Brest legend Gaëtan Charbonnier ended an 11-game scoreless streak when netting a second-half brace in last weekend’s win vs St-Étienne. Whilst Nantes’ top-scorer Ludovic Blas has seen his last six league goals be either the game’s first or last.
- Hot stat: Five of Nantes’ six league victories this season finished either 2-1 or 3-1, and four of Brest’s previous five league wins also fall into this bracket.
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 35
Brest – Nantes
Kick-off: May 2, 14:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals