Brest – Paris SG Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 20.08.2021
⚽ Brest – Paris SG Predictions
Brest – Paris SG Tips and Odds. August 20, 20:00 FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 3.
Brest – Paris SG Preview
- The last time Brest won a Ligue 1 (L1) home game was back in March (D4, L2 since), but they now must face the mammoth task of getting back to winning ways against a star-studded PSG side that have the great Lionel Messi waiting in the wings ready to make his debut. The cards therefore looked stacked against the L1 minnows as they attempt to end a nine-game winless H2H run.
- That task looks all the more difficult considering the last time Brest beat PSG here was back in January 1985 (D5, L7), and the fact they won just 33.33% of the home league matches they started as outsiders last term. However the ‘Pirates’ did make a successful late raid on Rennes to rescue a point here on Sunday to record consecutive 1-1 draws to start the campaign, so they clearly have fight in them.
- Messi was unveiled to the PSG faithful before their 4-2 hammering of Strasbourg on Saturday, making it two wins from two for the Parisians as they fight to claim the L1 title back. Both wins saw them lead at HT, however failing to keep a clean sheet in competitive action this term (W2, L1) will be a concern.
- Summer signings Gianluigi Donnarumma and Sergio Ramos should tighten up their defence once they’re introduced, but still this is a side that hasn’t lost a L1 away game since January (W8, D1), and kept more away clean sheets last L1 campaign (ten) than all but champions Lille.
- Players to watch: Jérémy Le Douaron’s equaliser for Brest against Rennes was his third competitive strike in four to come after the 85th minute, but all eyes will be on PSG’s Messi, who notably marked his first league away start for former club Barcelona with an assist.
- Hot stat: Four of PSG’s five first-half league goals this term came between the 16th and 30th minute.
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 3
Brest – Paris SG
Kick-off: August 20, 20:00
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals