Brighton – Newcastle Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 13.08.2022
⚽ Brighton – Newcastle Predictions
Brighton – Newcastle Predictions and Tips and Odds for August 13, 15:00 PREMIER LEAGUE.
Brighton – Newcastle Preview
- After recording their first ever top-half Premier League (PL) finish last season, Brighton & Hove Albion kept the good times rolling by springing the shock of the opening weekend with a 2-1 win away to Manchester United, their first ever victory at Old Trafford. That result in itself has arguably already met one of manager Graham Potter’s goals for the 2022/23 season, “to forge lasting memories” for the Brighton faithful.
- The chances of the Seagull’s maintaining altitude seem strong as they have never lost a PL home game against Newcastle United (W2, D3), representing their joint-longest unbeaten run against an opponent at this level. Even so, a three-game PL winning run has proven elusive for Brighton, who now seek a treble of consecutive wins for the first time since 2018!
- Newcastle extended their PL winning run to three matches thanks to their relatively straightforward victory over Nottingham Forest on the opening day (2-0). The Toon faithful revealed a banner stating ‘a new dawn, a new day, a new life’ ahead of Saturday’s win, which perhaps best captures the feel-good factor around the club under the new owners and there’s a lot of anticipation as to what the team can achieve this season.
- Highlighting the improvement already made under the new owners, Newcastle have won more away league games during 2022 (five) than they did in the entirety of 2021. In fact, three more PL away wins before the year is out will prove to be their best travelling calendar year in the top flight since 2013!
- Players to watch: Brighton’s Leandro Trossard often relishes playing against Newcastle, with as many goal contributions as he has appearances against them (G2, A3 – W2, D2, L1). Newcastle’s rejuvenated Callum Wilson bagged three goals in his last two PL games and he also has an impressive seven contributions in nine H2Hs with Brighton (G4, A3).
- Hot stat: Five of Newcastle boss Eddie Howe’s last six personal H2Hs with Brighton were settled with a 2+ goal margin (W4, L2).
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 2
Brighton – Newcastle
Kick-off: August 13, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals