Bristol City – Huddersfield Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 31.08.2022
⚽ Bristol City – Huddersfield Predictions
Bristol City – Huddersfield Predictions and Tips and Odds for August 31, 19:45 ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP.
Bristol City – Huddersfield Preview
- Bristol City were on the cusp of securing three consecutive league wins under Nigel Pearson for the first time on Saturday, but after conceding a 90th-minute equaliser away to Blackpool they were forced to settle for a “ very frustrating” 3-3 draw, as Pearson put it. That result extended their unbeaten run in the division to four matches (W2, D2), while their total of 11 goals scored is the joint-highest after the opening six rounds of action.
- It’s fair to say that it’s all clicking in attack for Pearson’s men, and he’ll hope a return to Ashton Gate can spark another strong showing at the other end of the pitch, especially as the Robins have shut out their opponents in three of their last four home league matches (W3, L1). Repeating that feat against Huddersfield looks like a challenging task on paper though, especially as the Terriers have breached their goal in each of the last six H2H meetings (W3, L3).
- Huddersfield also threw away a lead in their last outing at home to West Brom, yet despite leading 2-0 after 30 minutes, manager Danny Schofield still labelled the result “a decent point”. Perhaps it’s understandable he focused on the positives given it was only his side’s fourth point of the campaign so far, meaning they finished the round inside the relegation zone (W1, D1, L4).
- A return to Ashton Gate could spark memories of an impressive 3-2 win for Huddersfield here last season, although confidence on the road is sure to be low for the visitors who have lost both their away trips 2-1 this season. A big issue for them has been slow starts, a point captured by the fact they’ve conceded all four away league goals before half-time this season.
- Players to watch: Bristol City’s Antoine Semenyo has returned from injury to score two goals in two competitive appearances, with both strikes arriving in the final 30 minutes of the match. Huddersfield forward Danny Ward also has two goals so far this season, both scored in the final 30 minutes too, and he was a key player in this fixture last season, netting a goal but also missing a penalty.
- Hot stat: As a manager, Pearson has only beaten three other opponents more than he has Huddersfield (W6, D1, L3).
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 7
Bristol City – Huddersfield
Kick-off: August 31, 19:45
Prediction: Under 3.5 Goals