Bristol City – Wigan Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 15.02.2023
⚽ Bristol City – Wigan Predictions
Bristol City – Wigan Predictions and Tips and Odds for February 15, 20:45 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Bristol City – Wigan Preview
- Bristol City have really turned a corner in recent times, stretching their unbeaten run to nine matches (W5, D4) to not only lift them to mid-table safety in the Championship, but also prolong an encouraging run in the FA Cup. Manager Nigel Pearson has recognised that the need to pick up results outweighs the brand of their football, saying “it’s not a convincing win but it’s a win” after the 1-0 victory over Norwich last time out secured consecutive triumphs by a one-goal margin.
- This fine run has been refreshing for the Ashton Gate faithful, with that victory over Norwich serving as only their second win in their last nine home league matches (D3, L4). The Robins will be confident a date with relegation-battlers Wigan could bring even more success having lost just one of the last seven H2Hs (W3, D3), which should boost confidence they can perhaps close the gap on the top-six.
- In stark contrast to their hosts, Wigan ended a dismal run of eight winless Championship matches (D3, L5) by beating fellow relegation zone occupants Huddersfield 1-0 last time out. The result lifted Wigan off the foot of the table and to the cusp of safety, while keeping back-to-back clean sheets for the first time this season shows the Latics have the stomach for the fight in their bid to avoid an instant return to League One.
- New manager Shaun Maloney’s next task is to snap Wigan’s ten-game winless streak on the road (D5, L5), something they may be closing in on having drawn their last three away games. Wigan’s survival hopes may curiously rely on their away form as the season enters its final third considering they have secured more points on their travels (17) than at home this campaign (12).
- Players to watch: Bristol City’s Mark Sykes has scored five goals in his last six games, with each strike contributing to wins for his side (W4). Wigan’s Will Keane scored the equaliser in the 1-1 draw between these two on Matchday Three and all ten of his Championship goals this season have served as his side’s opener.
- Hot stat: Bristol City have seen the same half-time result replicated at full-time in nine of their last ten Championship matches.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 32
Bristol City – Wigan
Kick-off: February 15, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BETTING PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE