Burnley – Southampton Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 21.04.2022
⚽ Burnley – Southampton Predictions
Burnley – Southampton Tips and Odds for April 21, 20:00 ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE.
Burnley – Southampton Preview
- Michael Jackson’s first game in caretaker charge of Burnley certainly wasn’t a thriller, but a point against West Ham (1-1) could prove invaluable if his side are to clamber out of the bottom three. While Jackson couldn’t blame the dropped points on the boogie he can certainly blame it on Burnley’s inability to hold onto a lead, as after conceding an equaliser in that draw against West Ham, the ‘Clarets’ have now failed to win six of the ten league games in which they scored first (D4, L2).
- A potentially toxic atmosphere awaits on Burnley’s return to Turf Moor though, with discontent rife around the club’s decision to dismiss Sean Dyche last week, but three points against Southampton may help neutralise that toxicity. Three wins from their six Premier League (PL) home H2Hs against the ‘Saints’ (D2, L1) would suggest that’s a possibility, and victory here would also mark Burnley’s first back-to-back home PL wins since December 2020!
- Southampton arrested a five-match winless PL run (D1, L4) with a surprise 1-0 victory over Arsenal at the weekend strengthening their bid for a top-half finish. An away game may prove to be a blessing for the ‘Saints’ in extending that run, as they are unbeaten in three of their last four PL road trips (W1, D2), a streak that’s come about despite conceding at least once in ten successive PL games on their travels.
- Yet that clean sheet against Arsenal may inspire some confidence within Southampton that they can end their defensive troubles at Turf Moor. However, Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side haven’t kept a clean sheet in a midweek PL game (Tuesday-Thursday) in their last 13 attempts, whilst conceding an average of 2.7 goals per game during that time!
- Players to watch: Wout Weghorst’s goal against West Ham saw him become the first Burnley player to score a goal that wasn’t overseen by Dyche since Chris McCann scored against Bristol City back in October 2012! Meanwhile, Southampton’s Armando Broja netted in the reverse fixture and both of his PL away goals this season have come before half-time.
- Hot stat: No side has led fewer PL home games at half-time than Burnley (two).
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 30
Burnley – Southampton
Kick-off: April 21, 19:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals