Cagliari – Verona Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 30.04.2022
⚽ Cagliari – Verona Predictions
Cagliari – Verona Tips and Odds for April 30, 14:00 ITALY: SERIE A.
Cagliari – Verona Preview
- Cagliari (17th) continue to glance nervously over their shoulder after a 1-0 loss to Genoa last Sunday made it six defeats in seven for the ‘Islanders’. Boss Walter Mazzarri felt his team had the “right spirit” against Genoa but they’ll need more than that to stay up, as 18th-placed Salernitana are on a roll with three straight wins and have a game in hand on Cagliari, who at least can fall back on a much superior goal difference.
- A brutal run of five straight home games against teams starting this week in the top-seven is now behind them too (D2, L3), and after a win vs Sassuolo last time here, Cagliari will feel they have every hope of getting two straight home wins for the first time since April 2021.
- Hellas Verona’s chances of making a return to European action after 34 years of absence will likely rely on a return of at least three victories, and this surely must be one of them. Consistently inconsistent however, Verona haven’t recorded the same result in consecutive games since late January, but have at least been hard to beat, losing just two (against top-three opposition) of their last ten league games (W4, D4).
- Verona are also bereft of a clean sheet in 21 successive road trips – but coincidentally, their most recent shutout on hostile turf came at this very ground (W 2-0) in April 2021! With a 0-0 draw in this season’s reverse clash to follow, Verona could also make it a first-ever run of three straight SA H2Hs without conceding.
- Players to watch: Alessandro Deiola was Cagliari’s hero in their last home game (W 1-0) celebrating his second straight goal that proved decisive. Gianluca Caprari could be a foil to his efforts though, having snatched a late point in Verona’s most recent outing, making three of his last four goals 1-1 equalisers.
- Hot stat: Host sides on the day have kept a first-half clean sheet in five of the last six SA H2Hs.
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 35
Cagliari – Verona
Kick-off: April 29, 14:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals