Celta Vigo – Getafe Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 24.10.2022
⚽ Celta Vigo – Getafe Predictions
Celta Vigo – Getafe Predictions and Tips and Odds for October 24, 20:00 LALIGA.
Celta Vigo – Getafe Preview
- Celta Vigo make a swift return to action against Getafe after suffering a humiliating 4-1 defeat against Real Valladolid in midweek. The club from Northern Spain have seen their form go south, with that thumping marking their third consecutive league loss and leaving them dangling just two points above the relegation zone after ten matches (W3, D1, L6). It’s anyone’s guess as to whether Celta avenge that defeat here, with a mixed record at the Balaídos this LL campaign (W2, D1, L2) making it hard to predict what kind of performance fans will see next.
- Celta’s poor results have meant that manager Eduardo Coudet has come in for heavy criticism for the first time since his arrival, though the Argentine remained positive after the Valladolid defeat, stating that “luck wasn’t with them’’. It’s no surprise that the panic button hasn’t been pressed yet, as Celta have the same number of points at this stage as last season (ten) when they went on to finish comfortably in mid-table.
- Getafe are enduring some dropzone drama of their own, with their winless run now standing at four games (D2, L2) thanks to a 2-2 draw against Athletic Club last Tuesday. Despite picking up just two wins this LL campaign (D3, L5), Getafe won’t be taking much notice of fears surrounding their survival chances just yet, as they hadn’t picked up a single victory after ten games last season (D2, L8) and still avoided relegation!
- The absence of Carles Aleñá could come as a blow though, as the midfielder has started all of Getafe’s LL games this season and also grabbed a goal in their midweek draw against Athletic, but will now serve a ban after an accumulation of cards. His absence perhaps dents their chances of improving on a disastrous away top-flight record of just two victories from their last 26 league away trips, although the fact one of them was a 2-0 win here back in April should boost confidence!
- Players to watch: After netting in each of Celta’s four league matches to start the campaign, Iago Aspas has only scored once in his past six LL appearances, though this did arrive in their last home outing. The visitors, meanwhile, may look to Enes Ünal in the final third given he has four goal contributions this campaign (G2, A2) including an assist last time out.
- Hot stat: Some eagle-eyed Celta supporters have picked up on their side’s misfortunes when Pablo González Fuertes is refereeing, with the team winning just once when he has officiated their games (D5, L7).
SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 11
Celta Vigo – Getafe
Kick-off: October 24, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals