Celtic – Real Madrid Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 06.09.2022
⚽ Celtic – Real Madrid Predictions
Celtic – Real Madrid Predictions and Tips and Odds for September 6, 20:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE.
Celtic – Real Madrid Preview
- Before the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group draw, Celtic captain Callum McGregor said he wanted Real Madrid so he’s got his wish as they open their European campaign against the reigning champions. Celtic Park will be bouncing for their first group stage appearance since 2017/18, and fans will be in great spirits after they thumped fierce rivals Rangers 4-0 on Saturday.
- With Celtic winning their last eight matches, while scoring an impressive 35 goals, and having also struck in each of their last nine UCL home fixtures (W5, D2, L2), Bhoys fans have every right to feel hopeful. But since a 2-1 win over Barcelona in 2012, they’ve fared poorly here against Spanish clubs (W1, L3) so the 1966/67 European Cup winners face a stiff challenge, but perhaps manager Ange Postecoglou can draw inspiration from three seasons playing under Madrid legend Ferenc Puskás at South Melbourne!
- Even though Madrid have made a perfect start to their league campaign (W4), manager Carlo Ancelotti expects a tricky time in Glasgow. Calling it the “most important game of the first part of the season.” He expects Celtic to make life “very difficult” for them – just as Real Betis did at times before Madrid prevailed 2-1 on Saturday in La Liga.
- However, they have lost two of their last three UCL away games (W1), and beating Chelsea in the quarter-final first leg last term remains their only UCL away win in the British Isles since October 2014 (D2, L4). That suggests Ancelotti is right to be wary, and just to add a little more pressure, Los Blancos lost the only previous H2H here 2-0 back in March 1980!
- Players to watch: Celtic forward Liel Abada has netted five times across his last three outings, three times after the 55th minute. Rodrygo netted Madrid’s winner against Betis and all five of his UCL goals last term came after the 60th-minute – three against British clubs.
- Hot streak: The side scoring first has won each of Madrid’s last eight UCL away games.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 1
Celtic – Real Madrid
Kick-off: September 6, 20:00
Prediction: Away Win
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE