Club Brugge KV – Atletico Madrid Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 04.10.2022
⚽ Club Brugge KV – Atletico Madrid Predictions
Club Brugge KV – Atletico Madrid Predictions and Tips and Odds for October 4, 20:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.
Club Brugge KV – Atletico Madrid Preview
- A perfect start to their UEFA Champions League (UCL) campaign might have Club Brugge fans dreaming about repeating their memorable trip to the 1977/78 European Cup final. After both Bayer Leverkusen and Porto were dispatched without conceding, two games against Atlético Madrid – whom they beat here en route to that 1978 final – could determine whether they can fulfil that early promise.
- Sitting third in Belgium’s First Division A and still to lose a competitive home game this term (W6, D1), the Belgians will seek to make the most of home advantage by mustering the sort of performance that helped them draw 1-1 with Paris Saint-Germain here last season. That result should also give them hope of extending their unbeaten record in home H2Hs against Atlético (W2, D1).
- Atlético got back to winning ways by beating Sevilla 2-0 at the weekend, staving off the threat of three straight competitive defeats for the first time since December 2021. As one of those defeats was in UCL matchday two against Leverkusen (2-0), they’ve ground to make up on Group B pacesetters Brugge, a team they’ve only ever beaten on home soil.
- Manager Diego Simeone rang the changes by switching to a 4-1-4-1 formation at the weekend and after being rewarded with a fine performance against Sevilla and all three points, he may be tempted to stick with it. He’ll enjoy it even more if it heralds a change in European fortunes because as well as that poor H2H record, Atlético have never won an away game in Belgium (D1, L4 – includes Fairs Cup games).
- Players to watch: Ferran Jutglà opened the scoring before half-time in two of Brugge’s last three matches while all four of Atlético striker Álvaro Morata’s club goals this term came away from home.
- Hot streak: Brugge have opened the scoring between the 35th minute and half-time in each of their last three home games (W3).
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 3
Club Brugge KV – Atletico Madrid
Kick-off: October 4, 20:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals