Colombia – Venezuela Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 10.10.2020
⚽ Colombia – Venezuela Predictions
Colombia – Venezuela Tips and Odds. October 10, 00:30 SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 1.
Colombia – Venezuela Preview
- Chasing their third successive FIFA World Cup qualification (WCQ), Colombia have historically started their qualifiers positively, avoiding defeat in 12 of their last 13 opening campaign games (W6, D6, L1). Eight of those 13 matches saw Colombia secure a clean sheet, whilst ten produced under 2.5 match goals. Notably, four of the seven win/loss results came via a one-goal margin, whilst five of the six Colombia wins were ‘to nil’.
- Colombia’s home form in WCQs has been impressive too, with only two losses across their last 15 such games (W9, D4, L2). Eight of those wins came with a clean sheet, whilst both losses were via a single-goal margin.
- The only CONMEBOL side to have never qualified for a World Cup, Venezuela have never started their qualifying campaign with a win (D2, L11) losing their last ten opening WCQ games! Furthermore, Venezuela failed to score in nine of those ten, whilst losing four by a 2-0 scoreline. That said, the visitors have avoided defeat in six of their last eight WCQs (W2, D4, L2) and scored first in four of those games, albeit they dropped points twice (W2, D2).
- Each of Venezuela’s seven WCQ away wins since 2000 have come with a clean sheet, whilst 20 of their 28 losses during this period came ‘to nil’. Unsurprisingly, Venezuela have lost six of the eight previous WCQ H2Hs (W1, D1, L6) each time without scoring.
- Players to watch: Colombia’s all-time top scorer Radamel Falcao has netted six of his 12 WCQ goals on or after the 75th minute, but is yet to score in a WCQ H2H.
- Darwin Machís can get into Venezuela’s top ten all-time scorers with his next strike. That could come early, as five of his six national goals have arrived before HT.
- Hot stat: Eleven of Colombia’s last 12 matches saw at least one side fail to score (90 minutes only).
|Head-to-head matches: COLOMBIA – VENEZUELA|
|11.09.19||FI||Colombia||Venezuela||0 : 0|
|08.09.18||FI||Venezuela||Colombia||1 : 2|
|31.08.17||WC||Venezuela||Colombia||0 : 0|
|01.09.16||WC||Colombia||Venezuela||2 : 0|
|14.06.15||CA||Colombia||Venezuela||0 : 1|