Coventry – Blackburn Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 01.11.2022
⚽ Coventry – Blackburn Predictions
Coventry – Blackburn Predictions and Tips and Odds for November 1, 20:45 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Coventry – Blackburn Preview
- Coventry surrendered a lead in a 2-1 loss to Blackpool on Saturday and subsequently missed a chance to move out of the Championship bottom-three for the first time this campaign. That result halted a four-game unbeaten run (W3, D1) and boss Mark Robins appears nervy about this upcoming contest, admitting that he has ‘’very little to choose from’’ with injuries plaguing his side.
- The Sky Blues could do without the ongoing distraction around the state of their home venue then, but this doesn’t fully excuse a drop in defensive standards with Coventry conceding four goals across their last two games after letting in just one in their prior seven. Recapturing that defensive form could prove critical if they are to avoid losing back-to-back league games for the first time since early September and look to move out of the dropzone.
- A first league triumph over Blackburn Rovers since November 1998 potentially beckons (D4, L1) but the visitors won’t be doling out any favours as they’ve secured four league wins in a row, bookended by a 1-0 win at Hull City on Saturday, which saw them move into second. Another victory will see Rovers move into first place, at least temporarily, with Dahl Tomasson claiming that his in-form side are looking “to win every game”.
- That do-or-die attitude has sealed Blackburn the most Championship wins (11) this season but has also seen them lose as many as bottom-placed West Bromwich Albion (seven) after recording zero stalemates this season! That record might inspire Coventry, but Rovers have found some travelling form with consecutive away wins led by an uptick in goalscoring (three goals) compared to their six previous league road trips (one).
- Key battle: Defender Kyle McFadzean has seen his side on the day draw four of his last five games against Blackburn. The only exception was a 4-0 home loss for his Coventry side in October 2020, when Ben Brereton Díaz won a penalty and assisted twice.
- Hot stat: Blackburn have conceded seven of their last 18 Championship goals beyond the 70th minute.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 19
Coventry – Blackburn
Kick-off: November 1, 20:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals