Coventry – Huddersfield Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 29.01.2023
⚽ Coventry – Huddersfield Predictions
Coventry – Huddersfield Predictions and Tips and Odds for January 28, 16:00 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Coventry – Huddersfield Preview
- Manager Mark Robins described Coventry’s defending as “heart attack material” after they suffered a 4-2 thrashing to Norwich last weekend. The Sky Blues have now conceded 13 goals during a six-game winless run in all competitions (D3, L3), and with five of those matches coming in the Championship, they have also fallen off the pace in the race for the top six.
- The issues at the back only serve to mask their problems further forward though, as Preston are the only team above Coventry in the table who have scored fewer than their 29 goals. Robins will be hoping to arrest his side’s issues at both ends of the field against visitors Huddersfield, although the manager was just two years old the last time City beat the Yorkshire outfit in a league game, way back in 1972 (D3, L1 since)!
- The Terriers head to the West Midlands inside the relegation zone, although they have picked up two wins in six league outings since the World Cup (D1, L3). That means they have lifted themselves off bottom spot in the Championship, but they were not helped by last week’s trip to Blackpool being called off due to a frozen pitch, meaning their most recent game was a 1-1 draw at Hull two weeks ago.
- Manager Mark Fotherhingham will hope that the extra rest will benefit his squad, while he insists a busy transfer window has given him the firepower to beat the drop. Joseph Hungbo and Anthony Knockaert are in line to make their debuts after arriving from Watford and Volos respectively, with the boss saying he now has “real strength in depth” to choose from.
- Players to watch: Coventry defender Kyle McFadzean has only picked up one win in his eight appearances against Huddersfield (D4, L3), while just one of those matches contained three or more goals. He might come up against new Terriers signing Martyn Waghorn, who has drawn four of his five clashes with the Sky Blues (L1), netting just once.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 5
Coventry – Huddersfield
Kick-off: January 28, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE