Coventry – Rotherham Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 07.08.2022
⚽ Coventry – Rotherham Predictions
Coventry – Rotherham Tips and Odds for August 6, 18:00 FRANCE: LIGUE 1.
Coventry – Rotherham Preview
- Coventry City’s third successive Championship campaign kicked-off with a 1-1 draw against Sunderland thanks to yet another late strike, after scoring the Championship’s most goals after 90 minutes last season (11). Though Viktor Gyökeres’ timely equaliser may not have come quite as late as stoppage time, boss Mark Robins was still pleased to see his side battle until the bitter end.
- Victorious in their opening home league match across the last three seasons, Coventry fans will return to the CBS Arena with high expectations, heightened by the fact the Sky Blues also won both H2Hs against Rotherham back in 2020/21. However, a four-game winless streak at home (D1, L3) at the end of last season could temper those expectations, especially as Coventry trailed at half-time in all three losses.
- Newly promoted Rotherham started their season with confidence as they held a much-fancied Swansea City to a 1-1 draw, getting their bid to avoid a fourth consecutive Championship relegation off to a solid start. Manager Paul Warne was full of praise for his Millers side, but he is now tasked with levelling out his all-time managerial record against Coventry (W1, D1, L2).
- It has been 39 games since both teams have scored before the break in a Rotherham away league match – a sequence which started in December 2020 at this very ground when Coventry won 3-1. The Millers may again rely on their defensive resilience this season if they are to rid themselves of the ‘yo-yo club’ tag, with 11 goals conceded in 23 away league matches last season the best in League One.
- Players to watch: Coventry defender Jonathan Panzo picked up an assist in just his second-ever Championship match, but both appearances have seen a 1-1 scoreline. Looking for his first H2H victory against Coventry (D1, L1), Chiedozie Ogbene’s last two league goals have come in the opening 20 minutes.
- Hot stat: Five of Rotherham’s last six league outings have produced 11 or more corners.
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 2
Coventry – Rotherham
Kick-off: August 7, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE