Coventry – Swansea Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 17.12.2022
⚽ Coventry – Swansea Predictions
Coventry – Swansea Predictions and Tips and Odds for December 17, 16:00 CHAMPIONSHIP.
Coventry – Swansea Preview
- Coventry City’s season took another twist when they were served with an eviction notice by the CBS Arena’s new owners two days before they lost 1-0 to Reading as the Championship resumed. Fortunately, a deal has now been reached for them to keep playing at the venue so they can focus on their bid to consolidate their mid-table position with games in hand over those around them.
- The World Cup break came at a bad time for the Sky Blues who were on a run of seven wins in nine league games beforehand (D1, L1) and following the Reading defeat, manager Mark Robins admitted that they “needed a game” to build match sharpness. They’ll hope the run out leads to a more assured performance against Swansea City, a side they haven’t beaten since October 1981 (D6, L7).
- That H2H record should give the Welsh side plenty of heart as they head north looking to avoid a repeat of conceding within the first minute as they did in their 1-0 defeat to Norwich City last time out. Swansea Manager Russell Martin said he felt sick after watching his side being punished for a “mad two minutes” so he’ll be looking for added composure as they bid to resume their push for a play-off place.
- This away day – whether in Coventry or in Birmingham when the Sky Blues had to play there – has been kind to the Swans though and with no H2H away defeat in six meetings (W3, D3) they’ll fancy themselves to get back on track. If they do fall behind again, then they shouldn’t despair as they’ve shown their fighting qualities often this term with only Hull City scoring more Championship away goals after the 75th minute than Swansea’s five.
- Players to watch: Gustavo Hamer scored on the road and assisted at home for Coventry against Swansea last term, on both occasions doing so after Swansea’s Jamie Paterson – who was born in Coventry – opened the scoring inside the opening 15 minutes!
- Hot streak: Swansea haven’t lost a Championship game this term after leading at half-time (W4, D3).
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 23
Coventry – Swansea
Kick-off: December 17, 16:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals
Odds: [email protected]
✅ BUY BWIN PREDICTIONS NOW!
📊 OUR ARCHIVE TIPS HERE