Croatia – Austria Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 03.06.2022
⚽ Croatia – Austria Predictions
Croatia – Austria Tips and Odds for June 3, 17:00 UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE.
Croatia – Austria Preview
- Croatia have bounced back from a disappointing UEFA EURO 2020 by going nine games unbeaten (W6, D3) and qualifying for the World Cup finals in Qatar, which is ideal preparation for their UEFA Nations League (UNL) campaign – their third in League A. However, FIFA’s 16th-ranked nation only avoided relegation in their last UNL campaign by goal difference so will want to start well against Austria in the hope of avoiding another nervy finish.
- Croatia may hold a perfect H2H record (W5), with three victories ‘to nil’ including the only previous meeting they’ve hosted, but manager Zlatko Delić is taking nothing for granted, underlining the challenge of “four tough matches” that await them in Group A1. Alternating between draws and wins, his side haven’t tasted defeat at home since the Euros, although none of those games were against sides ranked as highly as Austria (FIFA rank: #34), suggesting this will be a stiffer challenge.
- As for Austria, they’ve had a disappointing time since the Euros, culminating in them missing out on World Cup qualification by losing 2-1 to Wales in March. They only snatched a draw late on against Scotland last time out and combined with recent unconvincing victories over the Faroe Islands, Moldova and Israel, they may do well to avoid an immediate return to League B.
- New manager Ralf Rangnick’s now full-time focus on his job, having recently parted ways with Manchester United, could be a positive and he’s got something to work with as they’ve won their last four UNL away games – all by a one-goal margin. Each of those victories came after netting first, so if they are to trouble the 2018 FIFA World Cup runners-up, then a good start appears imperative.
- Players to watch: Andrej Kramarić has scored in four of Croatia’s last five internationals, twice before half-time while Michael Gregoritsch netted after the 70th minute for Augsburg in his last outing having also done so in Austria’s 2-2 draw with Scotland in March.
- Hot stat: Each of Croatia’s last five home internationals witnessed scoring after the 70th minute.
UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 1
Croatia – Austria
Kick-off: June 3, 19:45
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals