Crystal Palace – Chelsea Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 01.10.2022
⚽ Crystal Palace – Chelsea Predictions
Crystal Palace – Chelsea Predictions and Tips and Odds for October 1, 15:00 PREMIER LEAGUE.
Crystal Palace – Chelsea Preview
- Crystal Palace have been out of action for almost a month due to the Queen’s passing, train strikes and the international break, so they must be eager to resume their Premier League (PL) campaign (W1, D3, L2). Although they sit just above the relegation zone after making an identical six-game start to last term, Palace have scored one more goal and boast a game in hand over the sides around them.
- Adding to that goal tally here against Chelsea might be tough as they’ve lost each of the last four home H2Hs with a combined goal difference of -6. That said, the Eagles have only lost one of their previous 11 competitive home games (W6, D4) so the Selhurst Park faithful will expect their side to at least make life difficult for their visitors – as they did last term, when they held out until the 89th minute (L 1-0).
- That late winner extended Chelsea’s streak to ten straight H2H victories but new manager Graham Potter won’t be taking anything for granted following their 1-1 Champions League draw with RB Salzburg. Nor will he expect a favourable reception given his time at Palace’s rivals Brighton, during which time he never beat them (D4, L2).
- One of the things he must improve is his side’s poor away form as the Blues have only won two of their last six PL road games (D1, L3). But after winning four London derbies away from home last term (L1), they’ve performed well in the capital so this should be a good chance for Potter to finally get one over his bogey side.
- Key battle: Palace centre-back Joachim Anderson netted before half-time against Manchester City (L 4-2) but could be more preoccupied with stopping Mason Mount, who scored the opener in Chelsea’s 2-0 FA Cup semi-final H2H win last term, and bagged a goal from the bench for England on Monday night.
- Hot stat: The home sides on the day have scored only one combined goal before half-time during Palace’s PL games this term.
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 9
Crystal Palace – Chelsea
Kick-off: October 1, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals