Derby – Blackburn Prediction, Odds and Betting Tips – 26.09.2020
⚽ Derby – Blackburn Prediction
Derby – Blackburn Tips and Odds. September 26, 15:00 ENGLAND: Championship – Round 3.
Derby – Blackburn Preview
- Conceding two goals in each of their opening Championship matches, Derby County lost their first two league matchdays of the season – the first such occurrence since 2004/05 – and have won just one Championship match from their last eight fixtures (D1, L6). Despite running out 3-0 winners in the last gruelling H2H matchup, the ‘Rams’ haven’t won back-to-back H2Hs since 2014/15.
- Derby have lost just once in their last seven H2H Championship hostings here (W3, D3), but have been defeated by two goals in their last three home league matches, which adds more pressure on manager Phillip Cocu’s Pride Park tenure (W21, D14, L21). Losing 2-1 last time at home in the EFL cup, as well as failing to score in standard time against Barrow, this is a must-win match for the Rams.
- Losing 3-2 to relegated Bournemouth but winning 5-0 against promoted Wycome, Blackburn Rovers are the league’s highest-scoring team so far. Netting in both halves of such matches, it should also be noted that ‘Rovers’ scored first in the joint-highest number of Championship away games last season (W6, D3, L4), as well as in three of these teams’ last five H2Hs (W3, D1, L1).
- But having won just one of their last eight Championship awaydays (D1, L6), manager Tony Mowbray is under pressure himself against a team he’s won 1.77 career points-per-match against (W7, D2, L4). With their last five competitive away matches seeing a slim one-goal margin of success either way, this match could be a coin toss.
- Players to watch: Derby’s Wayne Rooney has five H2H league goals and four career assists against the visitors; but watch out, Rooney also has three career H2H yellow cards (W10, D4 L3).
- Blackburn’s Adam Armstrong netted a hat-trick last time out, now scoring in five of his last six competitive appearances (Inc. EFL Cup); he also scored a beauty from outside the box two H2Hs ago (W2, D1, L3).
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in just one of these teams’ last nine Championship H2H matches.
|Head-to-head matches: DERBY – BLACKBURN|
|08.03.20||CHA||Derby||Blackburn||3 : 0|
|07.12.19||CHA||Blackburn||Derby||1 : 0|
|09.04.19||CHA||Blackburn||Derby||2 : 0|
|18.09.18||CHA||Derby||Blackburn||0 : 0|
|28.02.17||CHA||Blackburn||Derby||1 : 0|
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 3
Derby – Blackburn
Kick-off: September 26, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals