Derby – Middlesbrough Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 21.08.2021
⚽ Derby – Middlesbrough Predictions
Derby – Middlesbrough Tips and Odds. August 20, 20:00 FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 3.
Derby – Middlesbrough Preview
- A sense of relief washed over Wayne Rooney’s Derby County following a narrow victory over early season relegation rivals Hull to end a nine-game league winless run. That relief potentially won’t last long though, as the hosts go in search of their first back-to-back league victories since February.
- Despite being boosted by the recent arrivals of Phil Jagielka and Sam Baldock, Derby remain outsiders here given their return of just one win across their last eight home league games (W1, D4, L3). Despite their inability to win, they did draw their last three here, their longest run of competitive home draws since a four-game streak under Frank Lampard in 2019.
- Feelings of elation were followed by frustration, then joy once more turned to dust as Middlesbrough eventually lost 3-2 to ten-men QPR in midweek. Though boss Neil Warnock said it was a “cracking game”, the first loss of an otherwise positive start will be hard to stomach for the top-six hopefuls.
- Even though Boro are expected to win here, they are definitely not the safest bet on paper. That’s because Warnock’s men have failed to win seven of their last eight competitive away games (W1, D2, L5) and have failed to win in their last three visits to Pride Park. Last season, Boro also won just three of their last eight away league games as favourites (D1, L4).
- Players to watch: Derby’s Sam Baldock scored his first goal since 2019/20 on his debut last time out, but is yet to score in eight H2H appearances. Meanwhile, Boro new boys Uche Ikpeazu and Matt Crooks both found the net in each of their last two games, with Ikpeazu scoring first in both.
- Hot stat: Each of Warnock’s last eight H2Hs with Derby saw a different result than the one before. He lost the most recent clash (W2, D3, L3).
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 4
Derby – Middlesbrough
Kick-off: August 21, 15:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals