Dortmund – RB Leipzig Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 02.04.2022
⚽ Dortmund – RB Leipzig Predictions
Dortmund – RB Leipzig Tips and Odds for April 2, 17:30 GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA.
Dortmund – RB Leipzig Preview
- The late Bundesliga kick-off on Saturday pits together two of Germany’s biggest outfits as Borussia Dortmund look to continue their title charge by besting Champions League hopefuls RB Leipzig and avenging their 2-1 loss in the reverse. After going unbeaten across eight previous competitive meetings (W6, D2), that was Dortmund’s first H2H loss since October 2017, though manager Marco Rose will hope that a return to Signal Iduna Park can inspire a return to winning ways.
- Dortmund have actually been very impressive on home soil in the league this season, earning 11 wins from 13 such matches (L2) – the joint-most of any outfit this season and their joint-most at this stage of any Bundesliga campaign. They’ve also now won their previous two matches at this venue ‘to nil’, the first time Rose’s outfit have recorded back-to-back home league clean sheets during his reign!
- Visiting Leipzig find themselves in fantastic recent form though and remain unbeaten across nine straight competitive outings (W6, D3) that includes winning their previous five successive away matches. That streak has in turn helped Domenico Tedesco’s side secure the best current record of any Bundesliga side in 2022, both in terms of winning more points (23) and holding the best goal difference (+19).
- However, the Saxony club have famously struggled when facing Dortmund and have now failed to keep a clean sheet in ten straight Bundesliga H2Hs. In fact during their time in Germany’s top-flight, Leipzig haven’t conceded more goals away to any other side than the 13 they’ve let in vs Dortmund.
- Players to watch: Dortmund’s Marco Reus grabbed five goal contributions in his last home Bundesliga outing (G2, A3) and has nine (G4, A5) across eight previous H2Hs! Meanwhile, Leipzig’s André Silva has now scored ten Bundesliga goals this season, five of his last six coming before the 30th minute.
- Hot stat: Leipzig (eight) and Dortmund (seven) are the two Bundesliga clubs who have been awarded the most penalties so far this campaign.
- GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 28
Dortmund – RB Leipzig
Kick-off: April 2, 17:30
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals