Dortmund – Wolfsburg Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 16.04.2022
⚽ Dortmund – Wolfsburg Predictions
Dortmund – Wolfsburg Tips and Odds for April 16, 14:30 GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA.
Dortmund – Wolfsburg Preview
- Borussia Dortmund look set to wrap up second place in the Bundesliga for what will be the sixth time in the last decade, after getting back to winning ways with a 2-0 win over Stuttgart last time out. That was their fifth clean sheet across their last eight Bundesliga matches, a vast improvement at the back after keeping only two clean sheets in their 21 league matches prior.
- Those defensive improvements haven’t always been felt at home though, as Dortmund welcomed back a packed Signal Iduna Park and the famed “Yellow Wall” in their last home match, only to be comprehensively beaten 4-1 by Leipzig – a result that means they’ve now lost two of their last four home league matches whilst conceding nine goals in the process! A visit from Wolfsburg will spark fond memories though, as Dortmund have won 12 of the last 13 H2Hs, keeping nine clean sheets in the process.
- Wolfsburg also returned to winning ways in the last round as they snapped a three-game losing streak with a 4-0 victory over Arminia Bielefeld in what was their biggest win of the season. Reasonably clear of relegation trouble but still languishing down in 13th place, Wolfsburg will look back and rue the points they’ve dropped, as only last placed Greuther Fürth (six) have lost more league matches when opening the scoring than Wolfsburg’s four this season.
- On their travels, the ‘Wolves’ have been tamed recently, winning only one of their last ten away matches (D2, L7), with five of those seven losses witnessing them trail at half-time too. Manager Florian Kohfeldt will now hope to rediscover the formula that saw him lose only one of his first seven personal H2H meetings with Dortmund (W3, D3) after losing each of the following four.
- Players to watch: Dortmund’s top scorer this season Erling Haaland has netted 11 of his last 14 club goals at home, while Wolfsburg’s Lukas Nmecha is fresh off an early brace last time out, and has now seen four of his previous five goals arrive in the first half.
- Hot stat: No Bundesliga side has scored more league goals past the 75th minute this season than Dortmund’s 18.
GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 30
Dortmund – Wolfsburg
Kick-off: April 16, 14:30
Prediction: Over 2.5 Goals