Dynamo Kyiv – Sturm Graz Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 03.08.2022
⚽ Dynamo Kyiv – Sturm Graz Predictions
Dynamo Kyiv – Sturm Graz Tips and Odds for August 3, 19:00 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION .
Dynamo Kyiv – Sturm Graz Preview
- Due to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, competitive action has been rather limited for Dynamo Kyiv who again host a ‘home’ game at Stadion ŁKS in Poland. The return of the UEFA Champions League (UCL) has, however, provided a welcome break from friendly action and the huge scalp of Turkish giants Fenerbahçe in the previous round inched Kyiv one step closer to a third successive UCL group stage appearance.
- Kyiv did need extra-time to down a ten-man Fenerbahçe 2-1 in the second qualifying round though, which was incidentally their first UCL win since December 2020 (D2, L5 since). While there’s no guarantee of securing consecutive UCL wins when Sturm Graz visit, Kyiv’s impressive record against Austrian opposition (W12, D2, L4) does at least provide hope they can take a first-leg lead to Austria next week.
- Sturm Graz should in theory come into this game the sharper of the two sides considering the Austrian Bundesliga is now two gameweeks in (W1, D1). A shock 2-1 victory over RB Salzburg at the weekend was the perfect warm-up for this clash and now Sturm Graz enter the UCL qualification stage bidding to better their three prior failed attempts to reach the group stage.
- An unbeaten competitive record against Ukrainian opposition (W1, D1) should provide hope of at least reaching the play-off round, and a repeat of a 2-0 victory in the only prior H2H meeting would certainly suit the Austrians. That was however a friendly, and a repeat appears unlikely considering Sturm Graz have never kept an away clean sheet in their last 13 UCL away games (W2, D4, L7).
- Players to watch: Dynamo Kyiv’s Vitaliy Buyalskyi has opened the scoring with his last three club strikes, whilst three of Rasmus Højlund’s four strikes for Sturm Graz this season have come before half-time.
- Hot streak: Sturm Graz’s last four UCL matches witnessed exactly one first-half goal (D1, L3).
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – QUALIFICATION – SEMI-FINALS
Dynamo Kyiv – Sturm Graz
Kick-off: August 3, 19:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals