Eintracht Frankfurt – FC Koln Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 21.08.2022
⚽ Eintracht Frankfurt – FC Koln Predictions
Eintracht Frankfurt – FC Koln Predictions and Tips and Odds for August 21, 16:30 GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA.
Eintracht Frankfurt – FC Koln Preview
- Lifting the UEFA Europa League trophy last season perhaps papered over some of the cracks in what was Eintracht Frankfurt’s worst Bundesliga finish since the 2016/17 campaign (11th). They’ll want a stronger domestic showing this time around, yet an identical start to last season (D1, L1) may raise concern that the Eagles are on course for a similarly difficult Bundesliga flightpath this campaign.
- This is perhaps why, in the wake of last week’s 1-1 draw away to Hertha Berlin, manager Oliver Glasner was keen to stress “we shouldn’t always talk about Europe” as he hopes to refocus his side who are without a Bundesliga victory since March (D6, L4). Alarmingly, Frankfurt could be on the verge of making unwanted history, considering they haven’t actually gone longer without a Bundesliga win since a run spanning 16 games back in 1983/84.
- Things are much happier in the Cologne camp after they fought back twice from behind at RB Leipzig to secure a solid 2-2 draw. Cologne will now hope to extend their unbeaten Bundesliga start to three matches (W1, D1), but five defeats from their last seven H2Hs at this venue (W1, D1) does highlight how Deutsche Bank Park has rarely been a happy hunting ground for the visitors.
- Yet under Steffen Baumgart, Cologne look a different proposition these days after their improved seventh-placed finish last season, especially going forward. Cologne’s five goals and 16 shots on target in the Bundesliga is only bettered by Bayern Munich, although boosting those numbers has been helped by the fact both their opponents so far have picked up first half red cards!
- Players to watch: Daichi Kamada scored Frankfurt’s equaliser at Hertha, and he has a good recent record in terms of assists against Cologne, registering two across his last two starts against them. Cologne’s Florian Dietz scored his first senior Bundesliga goal against Leipzig, and heading into this round, only three players have attempted more shots on goal than the Cologne man (eight).
- Hot stat: Looking blunt in attack, Frankfurt have managed just three shots on target heading into this gameweek, that’s a league low.
GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 3
Eintracht Frankfurt – FC Koln
Kick-off: August 21, 16:30
Prediction: BTS – Yes