Empoli – Monza Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips – 15.10.2022
⚽ Empoli – Monza Predictions
Empoli – Monza Predictions and Tips and Odds for October 15, 14:00 SERIE A.
Empoli – Monza Preview
- It’s been far from a smooth start to life as Empoli manager for Paolo Zanetti, winning just one of his first nine league games at the helm. That record perhaps doesn’t tell the full story for Gli Azzurri, who have pushed AC Milan and Roma all the way in recent weeks, but coming away with nothing to show from those performances must be particularly discouraging.
- The visit of an in-form Monza side could provide Empoli with a lift though as they boast a very positive H2H record (W5, D2, L2), and have never lost this clash on home soil (W3, D1). That being said, Empoli are without a victory at the Stadio Carlo Castellani since April, with three points potentially vital to create a gap to the drop zone as they look to secure a third consecutive season in the Italian top flight.
- Also hoping to remain in Serie A (SA) are Monza, who have overcome a rocky beginning to the campaign – losing their opening five matches – by securing three consecutive wins without conceding a goal, in a run that even includes their incredible victory over Juventus. Raffaele Palladino will be hoping a thumping 3-0 win over Sampdoria has cured his side’s travel sickness too, as the Biancorossi had lost their first two SA road trips without scoring while conceding seven times.
- Although their record in this fixture is far from spectacular, Monza were able to secure a pair of draws the last time these two shared a division. Their last loss to Empoli actually came back in 2001, so this generation of players won’t be carrying any scars of previous defeats, but a result either way certainly looks likely as Monza have drawn just one of their last 17 competitive away games (W9, L7).
- Players to watch: New Empoli signing Mattia Destro could provide some firepower up front as the 31-year-old already has 91 SA goals to his name. Up against him will be Monza frontman Gianluca Caprari who has netted three times against Empoli across seven previous appearances.
- Hot stat: Empoli have conceded three times after the 89th minute in their last two league games.
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 10
Empoli – Monza
Kick-off: October 15, 14:00
Prediction: Over 1.5 Goals